Duplicate the most intricate parts.
Magikmold® T-124 Tin-Cured Silicone Rubber will reproduce the finest detail and is one of our top sellers!
Magikmold® T-124 is a high strength, pourable, two-component room-temperature curing (RTV) silicone rubber. Low in viscosity and easy to pour, we recommend this for duplication of models high in detail and with many undercuts.
Use the standard purple catalyst for about 60-90 minutes working time and a 12-18 hour demold time. For a faster cure, use the Medium-Fast Yellow Catalyst or Red Fast Catalyst for the fastest cure. Magikmold® T-124 is a pourable material; however, you can make it brushable with the thixotropic additive.
Available with three different catalysts:
- COMES WITH STANDARD PURPLE CATALYST (Magikmold® T-124 Catalyst) | 60-90 MINUTE WORK LIFE | 12-18 HOUR DEMOLD
- ORDER MEDIUM-FAST YELLOW CATALYST (Magikmold® T-100 Medium Yellow Catalyst) TO SPEED IT UP TO 30-35 MINUTE WORK LIFE | 6-8 HOUR DEMOLD
- ORDER FAST RED CATALYST (Magikmold® T-100 Fast Red Catalyst) TO SPEED IT UP TO 15-30 MINUTE WORK LIFE | 4-5 HOUR DEMOLD
Specifications per Catalyst
|Magikmold® T-124 Catalyst (Standard)||Magikmold® T-100 Medium Yellow Catalyst||Magikmold® T-100 Fast Red Catalyst|
|Pot Life||60 – 90 min.||30 – 35 min.||15 – 30 min.|
|Demold Time (@ 77°F)||12 – 18 hr.||6 – 8 hr.||4 – 5 hr.|
Magikmold® T-124 Features
- Easy to use and will cure against sulphur clay
- Very good flowability and self de-airation
- Fast cure
- Excellent tear strength – High resistance to laceration
- Characteristic guarantees high resistance to wear and tear
- High elongation and stretchability (500% elongation)
- High level of accuracy in reproducing very small particulars
- Outstanding chemical resistance to attack by polyurethane resins. Mold life is significantly extended.
- You may need our thickener fluid. Makes silicone paintable, so it doesn’t drip or run!
|Mix Ratio by Weight||1 Part Catalyst : 10 Parts Base|
|Shore Hardness||A23 – A26|
|Mixed Viscosity||24,000 cP|
|Specific Volume||25.4 in³/lb|
|Tensile Strength||370 psi|
|Die B Tear Strength||74 pli|
|Die T Tear Strength||16.0 pli|
All of the following are commonly cast into this silicone:
- Urethane (polyurethane)
- Polyester casting resin
- Hydrocal, Hydrostone
Technical Bulletin: Magikmold® T-100 Series Technical Bulletin